Keep your crawl space dry and mold-free with CrawlSeal™
If you have a dirt crawl space under your home and you’re experiencing a musty smell, feeling of dampness, or cold floors inside your home, you could benefit from adding a vapor barrier in your crawl space.
Ohio Basement Authority installs the patented CrawlSeal™ vapor barrier to stop crawl space moisture problems. CrawlSeal™ comes with a 25-year warranty against rips and tears.
For a free cost estimate on installing a crawl space vapor barrier, contact us today to schedule your on-site consultation in Columbus, Cincinnati, Springfield, Mansfield, Dayton, throughout southern Ohio and northern Kentucky.
Features of the CrawlSeal™ Liner:
- Heavy 20-mil-thick liner – Similar to a swimming pool liner
- Manufactured in 7 layers – Combination of high-density polyethylene for puncture resistance, low-density polyethylene for flexibility, and polyester cord for reinforcement for brute tear resistance
- White finish brightens the crawl space and makes it easy to see that the crawl space is free of mold, insects, and dirt
- Antimicrobial additive prevents mold from growing on the liner
How a Crawl Space Moisture Barrier Works
A vapor barrier does exactly what its name says: it provides a barrier against water vapor. When warm air comes in contact with a cool surface, condensation forms. When this happens inside the crawl space, the moisture can lead to mold growth, cause wood beams to rot, and attract pests.
A vapor barrier slows or prevents ground water seepage from evaporating into the crawl space air. For a crawl space to stay dry, it’s also important to make sure there’s proper drainage and keep gutters and downspouts clear of debris.
Our Crawl Space Vapor Barrier Installation Process
- Wood and organic materials are removed.
- Rocks are removed and uneven surfaces are leveled (depending on condition).
- The CrawlSeal® liner is carefully fitted and installed on the crawl space floor and walls.
- Drilled-in fasteners and spikes are installed to permanently hold the liner in place.
- Edges, seams, and pipe penetrations are sealed.
Free cost estimates on CrawlSeal™ vapor barrier installation
Ohio Basement Authority is the authorized CrawlSeal® installer in Columbus, Cincinnati, Springfield, Mansfield, Dayton, throughout southern Ohio and northern Kentucky. During your on-site consultation, we’ll recommend the best crawl space moisture control strategy for your home. Contact us today to request a free cost estimate on your crawl space vapor barrier installation project.
View more Crawl Space Solutions