Prevent mold, moisture & comfort problems with the right crawl space insulation
Crawl space insulation can make your whole house more comfortable, improve the air quality, and reduce your energy costs. It’s especially important to seal and insulate your crawl space if there’s heating and cooling equipment, ducts, or plumbing in there. If your crawl space is vented, uninsulated, doesn’t have enough insulation, or has old fiberglass batts, Ohio Basement Authority, Columbus’ top rate crawl space insulation company, can solve your crawl space insulation needs.
Contact us today to schedule an on-site crawl space insulation estimate in Columbus, Cincinnati, Springfield, Mansfield, Dayton, throughout southern Ohio and northern Kentucky.
Problems with vented crawl spaces and fiberglass batts
Wet fiberglass batts hanging from the floor joists is a common crawl space problem
While fiberglass batt insulation is the cheapest and easiest DIY choice for insulating the crawl space, there are several problems with using fiberglass batts in a vented crawl space:
- Fiberglass insulation absorbs water and loses its R-value when wet
- Air passes through fiberglass batts, contributing to uncomfortable rooms upstairs, cold floors, and high energy bills
- Wet, dirty fiberglass batts support mold growth
Crawl spaces with insulated foundation walls are warmer and drier than crawl spaces with insulation between the floor joists.
Our crawl space insulation process
At Ohio Basement Authority, we specialize in solving crawl space insulation problems. We don’t just winterize crawl space pipes or vents, but instead seal and winterize your entire crawl space foundation to bring your plumbing and heating system inside your home’s conditioned space. Here’s how our process works:
- Air seal and insulate the rim joist: A tremendous amount of heat is lost through the rim joist that rests on your crawl space foundation. We prevent frigid air from leaking in by sealing gaps around the perimeter of your foundation. Then we reduce conductive heat loss by insulating the rim joist with foam insulation.
- Insulate crawl space walls with rigid foam: We install high-performance ExTremeBloc™ rigid foam insulation against the crawl space walls. ExTremeBloc™ does what fiberglass can’t: stop air leaks, never lose R-value, and never absorb or be damaged by moisture.
- Insulate and seal the crawl space floor: In colder climates, we recommend installing foam insulation on the crawl space floor. This specialized flexible insulation is then covered with our CrawlSeal® moisture barrier that completes the sealing process. The crawl space is now isolated from outside conditions.
Upgrade your crawl space insulation today!
If you have an uncomfortable home, cold floors, or moisture problems in your crawl space, contact Greater Columbus’s crawl space repair experts at Ohio Basement Authority for a complete solution. Our innovative crawl space insulation solutions will ensure that you have a more comfortable, energy efficient home.
We offer no-obligation crawl space consultations and free cost estimates to homeowners in Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Springfield, Mansfield, and surrounding areas in Ohio. Contact us today to request yours!